DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Home Theater (
-   -   component (RCA) cables behind the wall (

amakarevic 03-29-2010 12:58 PM

component (RCA) cables behind the wall
i am wiring my projector to the DVD player on the other side of the room and plan to do it behind the wall and use wall plates and RCA connectors. my question is: is there a special grade of component cable to go behind the wall or can i use the same kind that goes outside and what the specification for that cable is ?

CoconutPete 03-29-2010 02:31 PM

I don't know if you shop on monoprice ever (it's a great website) but I've never seen RCA cables labeled as "in-wall". Obviously power cable can't be tucked in the wall, and HDMI cables have to be "in-wall" rated in order for it to be right, but I can't find anything RCA related that mentions the wall.

gregzoll 03-31-2010 08:55 PM

Use Coax (RG-6) for your RCA cables. Not only would be shielded, but would be best solution. The termination is done just like a Coax end, just that you would be using a RCA connector that screws onto the coax connector.

amakarevic 04-01-2010 12:08 PM

hi, is this the same kind of cable as is used by the cable company to bring TV/internet to my house ?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.