Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Home Theater

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

CD player help

I know this isn't home theater forum, but I couldn't find one that was for this. Mods, feel free to move it wherever you think best.
I have one of those all-in-one music centers, this is NOT it, but it looks like it.
The cd player door is, apparantly, jammed. It does not have one of those pinholes that you can use a paperclip to manually open.
I can access all of it from the back, well, I can see the cd player, but there are other components between it and the back.
Any thoughts on this?
My wife bought it for me a few years ago from Big Lots. It's not a high end unit,but still, I love having one like it and would like to get that part working again.
Thanks,
Mark

diyntn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #2

CD player help

Had a similar issue with tray not ejecting on a DVD player. Stuck a thin edge knife in and wiggled it a bit while continuously hitting 'open/close' button. I think mine got very lazy from non-use. Eventually opened. Closes easily but opening is a challenge.

I believe the small belt that runs on a geared pulley gets too big and doesn't grip the pulley like it did when it was new. The American solution is to send to the landfill when a 10 cent belt would fix it. It's just that no one knows how to get these types of parts.

diyorpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #3

CD player help

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyorpay View Post
Had a similar issue with tray not ejecting on a DVD player. Stuck a thin edge knife in and wiggled it a bit while continuously hitting 'open/close' button. I think mine got very lazy from non-use. Eventually opened. Closes easily but opening is a challenge.

I believe the small belt that runs on a geared pulley gets too big and doesn't grip the pulley like it did when it was new. The American solution is to send to the landfill when a 10 cent belt would fix it. It's just that no one knows how to get these types of parts.
THanks man. I was able to get it open with that. And it plays fine. Thing is that it won't open every time. 1/2 the time, I have to knife it open.
Oh well....Just be glad for the 1/2 time it DOES work I reckon. LOL.
Thanks again bud.
diyntn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #4

CD player help

Yes u r right. problem is the belt. if any cd or dvd player or any this type of player not ejecting means need to change the belt. u can do it by urself or take it to the workshop and they will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyorpay View Post

themes1 is offline   Reply With Quote