DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Aaxatech AF115 home theater projector

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  C_J_GO 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm considering getting my first home theater projector. I've been checking out the different technologies available like 3LCD, DLP and SXRD/LCoS. I think the Aaxatech AF115 which is a rebranded LG AF115 offer the best value. It's better technology than the Panasonic AE3000, and is a bit cheaper than Sony's HW15. I know the contrast is a bit lower than the other 2, but is there really going to be that big of a difference between 30000:1 and 60000:1 contrast ratio?

If I've missed anything, Aaxa's AF115 can be found here:

http://www.aaxatech.com/store/products/af115.htm

TIA for any feedback/suggestions.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking over the specs, it looks like a pretty good projector. 30,000:1 is on the lower end of HD projectors. Will you notice it? Not unless you have them side by side. That and depending on how keen of eye you have for detail. If you are looking at spending $2300 for this projector, would you be willing to spend a few hundred more? I bought this one. 75000:1 contrast that I saw in action at CES in Vegas last year. It has a faster refresh rate (120 vs. 60) which makes video alot smoother. Also, make sure you don't skimp on your reciever and other input devices. The picgture coming out of your projector is only as good as the signal going in.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.