Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic > Controversial Board Room

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Administrator

Share |
Arrow

Is There Such Thing As Unbiased News Sources Anymore?

This is a sincere question on not meant to be snarkey.

Is there anywhere a person can see (or access online) 100% unbiased news, meaning they actually report the news as it is without left, right, or upside down slants to it?

Join DIY on Facebook today!
facebook.com/DIYChatroom
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
Lord of Slums

No, it is not working like that anymore. ALL the news has been taken over by the CIA. I listen to several news stations in different languages, problem is I can not understand a darn word of what they are saying.

mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mj12 For This Useful Post:
Cricket (03-20-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
Exterior Construction

You have to read it from multiple sources.

On TV...worthless.

Internet is better.

Read between the lines and get if from a few sources. See what the cite and go to the source.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Windows on Wash For This Useful Post:
TheEplumber (03-19-2014), yuri (03-23-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj12 View Post
. I listen to several news stations in different languages, problem is I can not understand a darn word of what they are saying.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 PM   #5

I suppose a satellite or drone image in real time will be as non-biased as you'll find...
Old 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
JOATMON

I have been at incidents.....reporter standing right next two me....and what I saw and what they reported was not the same.

Allow me to give you just one example of how the meanscream media can't report the news

Watch this....it's about Rodney King....now....you really have to watch it

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...ng-44148803918

They will tell you how much he was beat...but never will they tell you why....

Then read this....and then tell me that MSMBC can report the news accurately....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

And for those too lazy to look at the links....

Quote:
High-speed chase[edit]
On the night of March 3, 1991, King and two passengers, Bryant Allen and Freddie Helms, were driving west on the Foothill Freeway (Interstate 210) in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. Prior to driving on the Foothill Freeway, the three men had spent the night watching a basketball game and drinking at a friend's house in Los Angeles. Five hours after the incident, King's blood-alcohol level was found to be slightly below the legal limit, implying his blood alcohol level may have fallen from 0.19 while he was driving, which is more than twice the legal driving limit in California.[9] At 12:30 am, Officers Tim and Melanie Singer, husband-and-wife members of the California Highway Patrol, noticed King's car speeding on the freeway. The officers pursued King, and the pursuit attained high speeds, while King refused to pull over. King would later admit he attempted to outrun the police at dangerously high speeds because a charge of driving under the influence would violate his parole for a previous robbery conviction.
King exited the freeway and the pursuit continued through residential surface streets, at speeds ranging from 55 to 80 miles per hour. By this point, several police cars and a police helicopter had joined the pursuit. After approximately eight miles, officers cornered King in his car at the corner of Foothill Boulevard and Osborne Street . The first five LAPD officers to arrive at the scene were Stacey Koon, Laurence Powell, Timothy Wind, Theodore Briseno, and Rolando Solano.

Confrontation

Officer Tim Singer ordered King and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on the ground. King's two passengers complied and were taken into custody without incident. King remained in the car. When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely, giggling, patting the ground, and waving to the police helicopter overhead.[14] King then grabbed his buttocks which Officer Melanie Singer took to mean King reaching for a weapon.[15] She drew her pistol and pointed it at King, ordering him to lie on the ground. Singer approached, gun drawn, preparing to effect an arrest.
At that point LAPD Sergeant Stacey Koon, the ranking officer at the scene, told Singer that LAPD was taking tactical command of the situation. He ordered all officers to holster their weapons.[citation needed] LAPD officers are taught not to approach a suspect with a gun drawn, as there is a risk that a suspect may gain control of it if an officer gets too close.[16] Koon then ordered the four other LAPD officers at the scene—Briseno, Powell, Solano, and Wind—to subdue and handcuff King using a technique called a "swarm." This involves multiple officers grabbing a suspect with empty hands, in order to quickly overcome potential resistance. As four officers attempted to restrain King, King resisted, standing to remove Officers Powell and Briseno from his back. Koon ordered the officers to fall back.[citation needed] The officers later testified that they believed King was under the influence of the dissociative drug phencyclidine (PCP),[17] although King's toxicology tested negative for the drug.

Beating with batons: events on the Holliday video[edit]

After King was struck by Koon's Taser the second time is the approximate start of the George Holliday videotape of the incident. In the tape, King is seen on the ground. He rises and rushes toward Powell and what was argued in court as either to attack Powell or to flee but regardless King and Powell both collided in the rush.[19] Taser wire can be seen on King's body. Officer Powell strikes King with his baton, and King is knocked to the ground.[20] Powell strikes King several more times with his baton. Briseno moves in, attempting to stop Powell from striking again, and Powell stands back. Koon reportedly said, "That's enough." King then rises again, to his knees; Powell and Wind are then seen hitting King with their batons.[21]
Koon acknowledged ordering the continued use of batons, directing Powell and Wind to strike King with "power strokes." According to Koon, Powell and Wind used "bursts of power strokes, then backed off." In the videotape, King continues to try to stand again. Koon orders the officers to "hit his joints, hit the wrists, hit his elbows, hit his knees, hit his ankles."[21] Officers Wind, Briseno, and Powell attempted numerous baton strikes on King resulting in some misses but with 33 blows hitting King, plus six kicks. The officers again "swarm" King but this time a total of eight officers are involved in the swarm. King is then placed in handcuffs and cordcuffs, restraining his arms and legs. King is dragged on his abdomen to the side of the road to await the arrival of emergency medical rescue.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #7
STAFF

Quote:
No, it is not working like that anymore. ALL the news has been taken over by the CIA. I listen to several news stations in different languages, problem is I can not understand a darn word of what they are saying.
That's funny right there. LOL

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #8
Administrator

Quote:
I so needed this smile tonight. Thank you.

I think you might have the right idea though.

Join DIY on Facebook today!
facebook.com/DIYChatroom
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #9
JOATMON

I still have tin hats for sell.....one size fits all....

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:45 AM   #10

As far as major news sources no.
I have seen local TV news sources{not all} give the {entire picture}..more often.
Midwest Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #11

TV is useless and internet is useless unless you can effectively read through the noise...and there is A LOT of noise on the internet.
mbender2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
Hvac Pro

Ever since CNNN came around with 24 hr coverage TV news became entertainment. B4 that you just watched the evening news and had 2-3 channels where I am. Entertainment begets sponsors/advertising and the rest is history.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
Pro Flooring Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
I have been at incidents.....reporter standing right next two me....and what I saw and what they reported was not the same.

Allow me to give you just one example of how the meanscream media can't report the news

Watch this....it's about Rodney King....now....you really have to watch it

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...ng-44148803918

They will tell you how much he was beat...but never will they tell you why....

Then read this....and then tell me that MSMBC can report the news accurately....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

And for those too lazy to look at the links....
Problem with this is: since the police will lie to cover their butt and the news media will lie to make something more of a story or to slant it, How do we know what the real truth is? I have been on crime scenes on a ride-a-long and listen to my police scanner all the time. Most cops wouldn't know the truth if it bit them, and I have a brother who is a LEO.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #14

Try listening to NPR radio news or Al Jezzera America News. Neither is supported by corporate advertising.
IslandGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IslandGuy For This Useful Post:
Cricket (03-23-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #15
Master General ReEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGuy View Post
Try listening to NPR radio news or Al Jezzera America News. Neither is supported by corporate advertising.
Ayuh,.... I know nothing of Al Jezzer,....
But,....
NPRadio is as Progressive/ Left-wing as you can get,.....

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bondo For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (03-25-2014), rusty baker (03-23-2014), TheEplumber (03-23-2014)