Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic > Controversial Board Room

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,486

In the News?

So....who has seen this story in any of the meanscream media segments?

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/heritage...-radical-islam

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,202

In the News?

I saw Brigitte and Saba debate each other on tv last week. Maybe on Megyn Kelly's show (?). Brigitte really knows her stuff. She makes a lot of sense.

She says that if America doesn't cut out the PC stupidity, radical Islam will eventually take over. I think she's right.

gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
Windows on Wash (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 170

In the News?

The question asked was "how do we fight an ideological war with weapons". Where exactly did Ms Brigitte Gabriel answer this question?

Maybe Brigitte knows little beyond "her stuff".
nanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nanuk For This Useful Post:
Jmayspaint (06-25-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
JOATMON

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuk
The question asked was "how do we fight an ideological war with weapons". Where exactly did Ms Brigitte Gabriel answer this question? Maybe Brigitte knows little beyond "her stuff".
I think you missed the point of her response.

You don't fight it with weapons....the majority needs to police it's own ranks

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
Old 06-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #5

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
I think you missed the point of her response.

You don't fight it with weapons....the majority needs to police it's own ranks
I think you missed the point of my response. Radicals are not a minority with bad genes who need supervision.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 156

In the News?

It's really not only an ideological war when people are being killed. Using such a term is deceptive.
Her point was that while the radical viewpoint may be a minority in Islam, it is still embraced by an extremely large number of people who are willing to use weapons to further their goals. Islam is huge, so a "minority" within Islam is also huge. It is in fact a very real any very significant military threat to the US. Muslim radicals are quite open about their willingness, even desire, to use violence against US targets, including civilian targets.
If we were talking about a few thousand hard core nut jobs it would be ok to treat this as a difference of opinion that we could resolve through diplomacy or other non-military means. We are actually talking about millions of people with a large amount of money and backing by various world governments, and those millions of people are very willing to see you killed.
This is very much a shooting war and for some reason a lot of people in our country think we can somehow opt-out of it by just saying we don't want to fight anymore. In the real world that's called losing the war.
dftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
JOATMON

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftc
It's really not only an ideological war when people are being killed. Using such a term is deceptive. Her point was that while the radical viewpoint may be a minority in Islam, it is still embraced by an extremely large number of people who are willing to use weapons to further their goals. Islam is huge, so a "minority" within Islam is also huge. It is in fact a very real any very significant military threat to the US. Muslim radicals are quite open about their willingness, even desire, to use violence against US targets, including civilian targets. If we were talking about a few thousand hard core nut jobs it would be ok to treat this as a difference of opinion that we could resolve through diplomacy or other non-military means. We are actually talking about millions of people with a large amount of money and backing by various world governments, and those millions of people are very willing to see you killed. This is very much a shooting war and for some reason a lot of people in our country think we can somehow opt-out of it by just saying we don't want to fight anymore. In the real world that's called losing the war.
Well said.

And if anyone remembers their history, especially the events before WWII, then I believe the phase "history repeats itself" will be applicable. .

Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #8

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftc View Post
It's really not only an ideological war when people are being killed. Using such a term is deceptive.
Her point was that while the radical viewpoint may be a minority in Islam, it is still embraced by an extremely large number of people who are willing to use weapons to further their goals. Islam is huge, so a "minority" within Islam is also huge. It is in fact a very real any very significant military threat to the US. Muslim radicals are quite open about their willingness, even desire, to use violence against US targets, including civilian targets.
If we were talking about a few thousand hard core nut jobs it would be ok to treat this as a difference of opinion that we could resolve through diplomacy or other non-military means. We are actually talking about millions of people with a large amount of money and backing by various world governments, and those millions of people are very willing to see you killed.
This is very much a shooting war and for some reason a lot of people in our country think we can somehow opt-out of it by just saying we don't want to fight anymore. In the real world that's called losing the war.
Thank you!
Your comment is right to the point. The war IS NOT ideological.

Yet unlike any other war in history, they don't want our wealth; they don't want our land; they don't want our women nor our men to turn them into slaves. They don't want to proselytize us, they don't even desire to look like us.

Then why?
Food for thought
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #9

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Well said.

And if anyone remembers their history, especially the events before WWII, then I believe the phase "history repeats itself" will be applicable. .
I am not sure I understand your post: "their history and the events before WWII"
Old 06-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,550

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftc View Post
i agree. except that is is absolutely ideological. their ideology is = we want you dead, period. so, "the war" is not going to be over until 1 of 2 things happens = we are dead, or they are dead. at least for the next 20 years or so.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #11

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix'n it View Post
i agree. except that is is absolutely ideological. their ideology is = we want you dead, period. so, "the war" is not going to be over until 1 of 2 things happens = we are dead, or they are dead. at least for the next 20 years or so.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGO42gvCSPI[/ame]
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 2,550

In the News?

i can't view it, my audio is not working
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 AM   #13
JOATMON

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
I am not sure I understand your post: "their history and the events before WWII"
Munich Agreement?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...g_World_War_II

I would 'highly' suggest you read up......

Old 06-25-2014, 04:25 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 25

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
Thank you!
Your comment is right to the point. The war IS NOT ideological.

Yet unlike any other war in history, they don't want our wealth; they don't want our land; they don't want our women nor our men to turn them into slaves. They don't want to proselytize us, they don't even desire to look like us.

Then why?
Food for thought
Food for thought indeed....though having dined on this for sometime, I've concluded that it's not idealogical views that creates radicals, it's often, US foreign policy....time to have another look!

Last edited by liljohnny; 06-25-2014 at 04:32 AM.
liljohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #15
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 3,016

In the News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohnny View Post
Food for thought indeed....though having dined on this for sometime, I've concluded that it's not idealogical views that creates radicals, it's often, US foreign policy....time to have another look!
Our foreign policy has long since meddled in the affairs of people and propped up regimes where they should have been allowed to fail.

We have effected lay down with dogs and are now getting up with flees.

To singularly blame US foreign policy for the creation for this type of radicalism and violence and hate (strangely enough in the religions of peace) is a complete and utter justification of bad and abhorrent behavior and a bunch of BS.

Poverty, ignorance, and a religion that excuses hate and violence are far more culpable.

Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote