Happy? - Controversial Board Room - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic > Controversial Board Room

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,626

Happy?

They're not happy in Gaza ..

They're not happy in Egypt ..

They're not happy in Libya ..

They're not happy in Morocco ..

They're not happy in Iran ..

They're not happy in Iraq ..

They're not happy in Yemen ...

They're not happy in Afghanistan ...

They're not happy in Pakistan ..

They're not happy in Syria ..

They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY ?

They're happy in Australia ..

They're happy in Canada ..

They're happy in England ..

They're happy in France ..

They're happy in Italy ..

They're happy in Germany ..

They're happy in Sweden ..

They're happy in the USA ..

They're happy in Norway ..

They're happy in Holland ..

They're happy in Denmark ..

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim

and unhappy in every country that is !

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME ?

Not Islam.

Not their leadership.

Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

AND THEN - They want to change those countries to be like,

THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY !

Excuse me, but I can't help wondering...

How damn dumb can you get ?

Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim

Terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.

Let’s have a look at the evidence:

- No Christmas

- No television

- No nude women

- No football

- No pork chops

- No hot dogs

- No burgers

- No beer

- No bacon

- Rags for clothes

- Towels for hats

- Constant wailing from some idiot in a tower

- More than one wife

- More than one mother-in-law

- You can't shave

- Your wife can't shave

- You can't wash off the smell of donkeys

- You cook over burning camel ****

- Your wife is picked by someone else for you

- and your wife smells worse than your donkey

- Then they tell them that "when they die, it all gets better" ???

Well No .... Sherlock !....

It's not like it could get much worse !

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
gmaint (08-06-2014), jbfan (08-05-2014), Startingover (08-06-2014), Windows on Wash (08-06-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,704

Happy?

that pretty much sums it up.

they are LUCKY i am not incontrol !!!

Advertisement

Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Happy?

Albeit a very inaccurate account, its still pretty funny..

PaulBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 862

Happy?

It has nothing to do with Islam. The Christians were just as crazy during the Spanish Inquisitions and you have/had a good percentage of Catholic priests raping and molesting little boys and girls so all religions can suck and be bad.

I agree their countries are bad to live in but it has more to do with a lack of democracy than religion. As we all know our democratic countries have homeless and drug and gun problems so we don't have it perfect either.

Last edited by yuri; 08-06-2014 at 11:10 AM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
It has nothing to do with Islam. The Christians were just as crazy during the Spanish Inquisitions and you have/had a good percentage of Catholic priests raping and molesting little boys and girls so all religions can suck and be bad.
All religions are bad... If it wasn't for religion, we'd probably be a space faring civilization by now... Or at least close to it.

Quote:
I agree their countries are bad to live in but it has more to do with a lack of democracy than religion. As we all know our democratic countries have homeless and drug and gun problems so we don't have it perfect either.
Its not about lack of democracy.. its lack of education which breeds the extremist religious views which then creates all the other symptoms.

People accept and hold belief in religion for one or more of the following reasons:

1) Lack of scientific education... (or education in general).. This is why the poorer the population or the less education one has, the more heavily religious they are.

2) Indoctrination... A tough cooking to crack and it can trump any education because indoctrination happens at an early age.. This is why the church has "catechism" and ingrains into society the need to say "Bless you" when someone sneezes and things of that nature.. (there are hundreds).. Non-violent pedophiles perform the same "grooming" techniques with their victims. When a parent takes a child to church when they are young, they are basically teaching the child to reject "critical thinking skills" and replace them with an illogical belief system.
While a child's brain is still developing, the neuron-pathways literally organize themselves to exclude the most fundamental and most important critical thinking skills a person can have. The damage is done and any education after that will simply be wrapped around the religious core.
Exposing a child to religion is a form of child abuse that is akin to a pedophile grooming a child.

3) Fakers... These are people who fake their belief in order to gain popularity or acceptance. A person running for election who needs the votes of the majority.. A teenager trying to get into a girls panties.. are both examples...
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Hvac Pro

Happy?

Religion is an interesting topic. Define religion.

The earliest religions were based on superstition as they saw a comet fly by and then their crops failed and they believed the gods were punishing them. Pure superstition but people wanted to know where they came from so they made it up. Then you had people worshiping rocks and trees and Stonehenge etc.

Anyone can start a religion (L Ron Hubbard ) so the word(s) religion or mainstream or organised religion is open to interpretation.

Belief in God is something a lot of people have naturally as their parents do and they grow up with and if you WANT to and make that choice. Life is about choices. If you truly want to and live a good life he will meet you if you are sincere and ask. Now there is nothing wrong with not making that choice and somewhere in the Bible there is a saying that the good people will make it to heaven if I remember that far back.

A lot of the problems stem from Imperialism and not necessarily religion. History shows us that all Nations want or wanted to basically go take over another country for their resources and what the heck take a bunch of them home for slaves as well. Has nothing to do with religion. If there were no resources then who the heck would want to go into the Middle East or Africa. Would just leave them to duke it out amongst themselves we would.

Last edited by yuri; 08-06-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 3,292

Happy?

Yes..religion is terrible.

The Salvation Army...terrible people.

The Catholic Hospital systems that treat people...terrible.

The Red Cross...terrible people.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
Hvac Pro

Happy?

Religion to me is just a word. I believe in defining words as to what they REALLY mean. Anybody can start a religion and unfortunately religion has been used for all kinds of nefarious purposes by all kinds of evil people. However there is a lot of good in some of them if you choose to honestly pursue a relationship with what ever version of God you believe in. I was raised in a Ukrainian Catholic / Greek Orthodox church. Unfortunately I did not understand much Ukrainian so I did not know what they were talking about. Got my belief in God from my Grand Parents and their example of how to live and other good people in the real world. My friend is Muslim and a great person. My brother in law is East Indian and the list goes on and on. People are just people and do whatever animal based behavior they please. We do have animal instincts and behavior but that is another topic.
Windows on Wash (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #9

Happy?

Quote:
Religion is an interesting topic. Define religion.
Belief in a creating and/or divine entity. A super being or supernatural all controlling being.

Quote:
Anyone can start a religion (L Ron Hubbard ) so the word(s) religion or mainstream or organised religion is open to interpretation.
While I understand that some people my call it a religion, I would not consider Scientology a religion anymore than I would consider being a Democrat a religion.. There's no god entity to worship.. And so long as there is not entity to worship, there can be no instructions to misinterpret or twist.

Quote:
Belief in God is something a lot of people have naturally as their parents do
This is a completely false statement. Belief in a supernatural entity must be taught or learned. There is nothing "natural" about it..

Quote:
and they grow up with and if you WANT to and make that choice. Life is about choices. If you truly want to and live a good life he will meet you if you are sincere and ask. Now there is nothing wrong with not making that choice and somewhere in the Bible there is a saying that the good people will make it to heaven if I remember that far back.
Nothing you just said here makes any sense. Its just religious bantering...

Quote:
A lot of the problems stem from Imperialism and not necessarily religion. History shows us that all Nations want or wanted to basically go take over another country for their resources and what the heck take a bunch of them home for slaves as well. Has nothing to do with religion. If there were no resources then who the heck would want to go into the Middle East or Africa. Would just leave them to duke it out amongst themselves we would.
I think that is a fair statement. Religion is not our only problem...
Old 08-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 170

Happy?

Christians have been using religion to (successfully) mask ulterior motives since the beginning of their times. The Crusades are a nice example. Muslims and Jews play along. Very successfully indeed!
nanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 3,292

Happy?

Why is Christianity overwhelmingly characterized by one small aspect of their history? The number of selfless deeds and good acts that have been done in the name of Christianity are countless.

Last edited by Windows on Wash; 08-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
Hvac Pro

Happy?

Christianity was started ( at least the organised part ) by Romans and based on their military system. You have bishops and other dudes and organisation just like a army has a general, colonels etc etc. I do not believe in any organised religion as just like all governments they can be corrupt.

People choose what they believe unless they have done enough drugs to damage their brains. They can believe in a God/creator or the big bang theory. Problem with the big bang theory is somebody or creator thing had to create the first particle that blew up. Kinda like the chicken or the egg story. I don't remember anything about Sunday school and could not care less about doctrine's. But as I go thru life I base my beliefs on what I experience and choose what I believe. Going to church just literally means going to a building to me.

People don't get along because they are greedy and don't want to. All has to do with land and resources not being a Muslim. Goes back to cavemen and one taking over the other for his land/water/resources/ hill military advantage or women. We are like a wolf pack with a Alpha leader and beta and Charlie and delta and epsilon wolves. Some are more passive and other are more aggressive just like people. Just like when someone gets next to you and invades your personal space. You either tolerate that or don't and you don't even know their religion it is just nature.

Last edited by yuri; 08-06-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #13

Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows on Wash View Post
Why is Christianity overwhelmingly characterized by one small aspect of their history?
One small aspect?
Let me tell you something about Christianity and the Catholic church.. Left to their own devices, they would go back to burning people alive at the stake... Our civilized laws protect us from such brutality.. absent of those modern day laws, they'd do it again.

It is comical how you reference "one small aspect".. The proclivity for the religious to inject tempering adjectives when describing the horrors their belief system has created is hilarious.. and quite disturbing that there is continued support for an organization which continues to cause so much harm on so many levels.

Quote:
The number of selfless deeds and good acts that have been done in the name of Christianity are countless.
Using your own yard stick would make Al-Qaeda a good organization too...

Don't take any personal offense to my views.. They are directed at religion in general and not at you or any one single person.. If I reference "you" in my responses, its only because you are the one at this particular time and place that I am discussing it with.

That said, I challenge you to look within yourself and discover which of the 3 rules I listed earlier apply to your own belief system..
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #14

Happy?

Quote:
People choose what they believe unless they have done enough drugs to damage their brains.
That is only 50% true.. Indoctrination of children is not a choice a child ever makes.

Quote:
They can believe in a God/creator or the big bang theory. Problem with the big bang theory is somebody or creator thing had to create the first particle that blew up.
Really? And who created the somebody or creator? Where did they come from?
The fact is, we don't know where the first particle came from or why the big bang happened if it happened.. But lack of knowledge about something does not infer the existence of a god, although you'd never hear that from any church leaders.. They infer quite directly the opposite.. that if we don't understand it, it must be god.

Quote:
Kinda like the chicken or the egg story. I don't remember anything about Sunday school and could not care less about doctrine's. But as I go thru life I base my beliefs on what I experience and choose what I believe. Going to church just literally means going to a building to me.
Then why go to church and support an organization that supports things like pedophilia? If your beliefs are really based on what you experience, than what makes you believe in a god if you do??

Quote:
People don't get along because they are greedy and don't want to. All has to do with land and resources not being a Muslim. Goes back to cavemen and one taking over the other for his land/water/resources/ hill military advantage or women. We are like a wolf pack with a Alpha leader and beta and Charlie and delta and epsilon wolves. Some are more passive and other are more aggressive just like people. Just like when someone gets next to you and invades your personal space. You either tolerate that or don't and you don't even know their religion it is just nature.
Well,, there's some truth to what you say there too...
Old 08-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #15
Hvac Pro

Happy?

I don't go to or support churches or have any great use for organised religion if you can call it that. Especially the dudes in Rome. I have dealt with and talked to many thousands of people with my job and observed and learned from them and seen what they do and believe in. Then I decide what I want to believe in. If they have a good life and say they believe in God then it seems true there is one. They are happy and not cynical or on drugs etc. The non believers seem very unhappy, stressed and messed up to me.

Lots of things "indoctrinate children" Pop culture, You Tube, Violent video games and the list goes on. You cannot prevent that from happening. However we/the child later does have a basic ability to choose right from wrong unlike animals that go on instinct. So therefore a person can choose whether they believe in the big bang or God if they want to or they can be comfortably numb like in the Pink Floyd song. To each his own.

Religion is a personal matter and experience and I feel sorry for people who do not have that connection. You don't get it by going to Sunday school but by trying to be a good person and if you want to try to learn about God or have a relationship with him then it will happen if you are open minded.

I understand the cynicism based on history of all religions as they have been slaughtering each other for 2000 or more years. My point/view is more of an individual choice a person can make.

Advertisement

Last edited by yuri; 08-06-2014 at 08:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuri For This Useful Post:
47_47 (08-07-2014), kwikfishron (08-06-2014)