My Network Set Up - Networking - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades > Networking

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,506

My network set up

For those that may be interested, this is how I have my LAN set up. The rack holds a 2-wire RG (3800HGV-B), a 24 port patch panel, Prosafe 8-port Gigabit switch (GS108), extra patch cords. White 2 foot patch cords are for u-verse set-tops & dvr, Red is for desktop computer & medi-devices (xbox-360, blu-ray). Space to expand if needed. No need for UPS or battery backup, due to currently no system critical devices on the network.
Name:  image-1080708515.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  29.8 KB

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 09-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

My network set up

Greg,
Hope you dont mind me hitting you up on this site. I was polling the web trying to find some diagrams of whatever the heck ATT does with their service wiring.
I am sure with another 10 hours, I can find the answer, but I wanted to pick your brain about your set up.

I am trying to do something similar in my wiring distribution panel. But it looks like AT&T hacked wires moved stuff...and it makes no sense.
Could I PM you offline about this?
Thanks in advance,
Jason

Advertisement

thegreatwhay is offline   Reply With Quote