Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
"Old" Newbie

Share |

Small Tiller Gas Tank

I have a small gas tiller; a Ryobi 410r, that has me completely perplexed.
It worked fine last fall. Today when I went to fill the gas tank I realized that the gas was running out the bottom of the tank almost as fast as I poured it in the top.
There's a line that goes from a filter inside the tank to one side of the carberator. Another line goes from the fuel tank to the priming bulb chamber and then on to the other side of the carb. Those lines are fine.
What I don't understand is that there's a hole, about 3/16" in diameter and perfectly formed, in the bottom of the tank. If it was plugged, somehow the plug came out during the winter. If a line came through the hole I sure can't fine where it might have led to.
Any ideas? I'm tempted to plug the hole and see if it runs. Bought it new in 1996, and it wasn't an expensive machine, so owes me nothing.

Had to look a little closer. There's a second nipple on the back side of the priming unit. Tube will go from there to tank. Still don't know where it went, but problem solved. Tried to delete entire thread but couldn't figure out how. Sorry to have taken you time.

Thanks,
Rob Crosby

Last edited by RCrosby257; 04-26-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
RCrosby257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
DIY staff

Small Tiller Gas Tank

Moved this to small engine repair----