Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
JPM
Bill Traver

Share |

Pressure washer leaking out

I have a TroyBuilt pressure washer from Lowe's...5-6 yrs old.

This year when I went to use it, I engaged the trigger but did not get lots of pressure. Ended up that water was coming out the opposite end of the aluminum housing from where the pressure wand hose is attached. The water is coming out of a black braid piece similiar to the white braid piece that is hooked up to my tank to syphon detergent mix for spraying.

When I took off the black piece, there was a brass piece with a white plastic part with what looked like a spring inside .. I think maybe it is stuck in an open position?

Anyway, can I just get a brass cap and close off this portal? I have no need to syphon anything else into the machine.

As always,,,,thanks!
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #2

Sounds like your talking about the pressure relief valve, if it is then no you can not just plug it.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
JPM
Bill Traver

After getting your note, I looked on-line for some pictures ... you are correct. Should have figured it out based on how the pump would surge at times then back off ... before finally getting the valve stuck open.

Thanks, going to the local Lawn & Garden Tool shop to pick up a new one and see what happens.
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote