My Cub Cadet LTX 1045 Wont Start - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

My Cub Cadet LTX 1045 wont start

Thought it was just a dead battery. Replaced and installed a new one. The engine now cranks (where i had no power before) but it still wont turn over. I went ahead and removed old fuel from the tank. Cleaned out the tank and put in new fuel. Still cranks but still not turning over. The tractor is only about a year and a half old. Ive reached my scope of knowledge in trouble shooting it and hope it is still an easy fix.
Attached Images

Advertisement

41Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Did you try a shot of starter fluid into the carb while cranking it?

If that doesn't get it to fire at least a bit, then, at least for me, it tells me that the mice have chewed through the wires again!

Advertisement

cgoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,670

Not sure I understand cranks but won't turn over. If it is turning over but just won't start and it has sat for a while it could be the ethanol in the carb has gummed up. Thats what happened to mine, had to have the carb cleaned. A buddy who has a boat repair business told me his business has increased around $10,000 a year since they started put ethanol in gas. Thank you Washington.
ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 632

Need to clear that up. Is the engine turning over but just will not start, or is it just not doing anything when you turn the key?
If it's not doing anything then most often it's on of the safety switchs.
Double check the blade is shut off, it's in nutral, the clutch (if it has one) is engaged, someones sitting on the seat.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecaption For This Useful Post:
ToolSeeker (11-19-2012)