Making A Small Plow For A Samurai - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 336

Making a small plow for a Samurai

Hi all,

I've got a Suzuki Samurai tintop and would like to put a light-duty snowblade on it. Do you think a small tractor blade setup would work? I just have a 150' driveway, but it sure would be handy.

Advertisement

imautoparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,184

Making a small plow for a Samurai

Time, money, storage, etc., all things considered, I would suggest investing in a good self propelled snow blower. The blade, frame, lights, controls, etc. will easily outweigh the cost of a blower. Storage wise, it's a lot easier to roll a blower against the wall than it is to wrestle a blade around. Yes, you do have to change the oil in a blower every once in a while, and, with less frequency, spark plugs and belts, but the hyrdraulic system on a vehicle is not necessarily without maintenance. And, speaking of your vehicle, a good and well maintained snow blower will outdistance several vehicles. But, if you want to investigate a blade, Western and others do make lighter weight setups for smaller vehicles, and a lot of the sports dealers carry them. I did have a pickup with a blade at one point, so can speak from experience, but definitely would not go back to one. I do use the blade on my tractor quite often, just because, but, with the additional time that it takes to maneuver it around tighter places, can do it almost as fast with my about 25 year old snow blower.

Advertisement

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterII For This Useful Post:
joecaption (09-23-2013)