Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

I bought a LTX 1045 about three years ago and have been pretty happy with it. A year or so ago I took the deck off to change the blades and am not sure what I did in the process of putting it back together but now my PTO engagement lever does not go back to its full (off) resting position. It sits about halfway between the "off" and "on" spots (shown by the picture) on the guide. The belt sits pretty loose on the pulleys when off and sometimes it will engage immediately, sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds before the blades get up to full speed, and other times I have to shut the motor down to realign the belt with the drive pulley. I have bought a new belt but when compared to one another they are the same length so that is not the issue. I have thought that maybe it's the PTO cable but that doesn't fix the PTO lever not coming back all the way. Did I somehow bend the PTO lever? Maybe a combination of both? Any help is appreciated as it's becoming very frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails
Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO-20130707_104939_resized.jpg  

Advertisement

lk00331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 632

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

Sounds like the belt is on wrong.
Page 27.
http://www.cubcadet.com/wcsstore/Cub..._769-04349.pdf

Advertisement

lk00331 (07-12-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #3

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

I thought about that too but on the underside of the fender there is a sort of an L bracket that comes to rest on a sensor which as shown in the picture is at full rest. I can take another picture when I get home to give a better idea of what I'm talking about. This L bracket will not allow the PTO handle to come back any further which is something I didnt touch at all.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #4

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

The arrow in the upper left corner denotes the L bracket I'm talking about. As you can see the PTO drive lever is seperated by a plate but you can also tell there is no more room to move the lever back any further due to this bracket. Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO-snap30.jpg  
Old 02-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

I have the same thing happening to my mower, and it has gotten to the point where the blades won't spin at all and it seems like the lever is not rotating enough to pull the cable. Did you ever figure this out? Nothing on the Internet seems to have a solution to this problem.
joebleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #6

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

Unfortunately, I have not figured it out. I will be re-evaluating it in the spring as it's currently 4 degrees here and the ground is covered in snow. The only thing I can think of is that the drive lever got bent somehow and is not allowing the lever to travel as far as it is supposed to so I am going to order one of those in the next couple of months to see if that takes care of it.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
BIGRED

Rewards Points: 250

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

Try talking to the dealer you bought this from or at least a dealer that sells and repairs your equipment. Just tell them your problem/concern. They have good advice and they probably seen your problem 50 or 60 times already.
I have a Simplicity 4111 that I currently have a 12.5 horse Briggs on (so that should make it a 4112.5 right), but it had a 3 speed stick on it when I bought it new from one dealer and now I have a hydrostatic drive for the rear end, I guess making it a 4112.5 HD. During the course of 37 years it runs OK, but I noticed when changing the belly mower for the snowblower or vice/versa sometimes the implement belt will roll over and I can smell something burning -just for a second-.
When I have a problem I can't figure out easily I just give the guys I deal with now a call. They seem to recognize my voice and questioning pattern and always have the correct company answer to my problem. I have gone beyond those answers sometimes and reengineered the belt tensioning on the mower to include one extra brace for the tension idler which perfectly solved the problem, but was a design flaw from the manufacturer. In all instances the first line of inquiry should be to a qualified dealer or repair shop. The picture you show doesn't show enough to determine the exact problem (from on top of the fender), but I'm willing to bet your guys could tell you right over the phone whats wrong, what you have to do to fix it, and probably have you on the beaten path in as little as 5-10 minutes.
Have a good one,
Grampa Bud
Grampa Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #8

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue.
Northernglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #9

Cub Cadet LTX 1045 PTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lk00331 View Post
Unfortunately, I have not figured it out. I will be re-evaluating it in the spring as it's currently 4 degrees here and the ground is covered in snow. The only thing I can think of is that the drive lever got bent somehow and is not allowing the lever to travel as far as it is supposed to so I am going to order one of those in the next couple of months to see if that takes care of it.
Did you ever get a solution to this? I have the same problem.

Advertisement

Northernglenn is offline   Reply With Quote