DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Cub cadet 1045 won't start

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  95025 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Carry. I've got this 3 year did mower that I would start it and it would only run for about a minute and then die and would not restart. I've changed gas and filter and spark plug but it will not start. Any info would be helpful

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum carry. You should post this in the lawnmowers and tractor forum for better results. Don't worry, a moderator will move it for you. It's always good to introduce yourself to the forum, then go to the correct forum with your specific question.

Next step would be to remove carb, dissemble it and clean jets. Recommend you get a rebuild kit for it. Ethanol gas is very hard on small engines. Going forward, use only non-ethanol fuel in small engines. The jets get clogged up; Engine starts but won't stay running for long. Been there.

There are plenty of utube videos showing how to do this, if you need assistance. It can be a challenge if you are not familiar with the workings of a carburetor. If you are not mechanically incline, take it to a local small engine repair shop and they will have it up and running like new in no time. It won't be that expensive. Just a suggestion.

#3 ·
What Jmon said. If it starts at all, you have spark. And because it runs for a bit then shuts off, you've got a problem in your carburetor. Almost without question, old gas has gummed something up - either plugged the jets of is holding up the float & needle mechanism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.