Best Riding Lawn Mowers - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Cool

Best Riding Lawn Mowers

Hi everyone! I have had an old push-mower for ages, but I really want to buy a new riding mower. What is the best riding lawn moweravailable on the market today, in y'all's opinions?

Advertisement

KelseySSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 738

Best Riding Lawn Mowers

Depends on how big an area your trying to mow and how much landscaping you have to mow around and what your budget is.
I have nothing but John Deeres and have had great luck with them.
I have used a Z 245 for about 5 years and have over 2000 hours on it. Only thing I've done so far is change oil and belts.
I also have a LX that I use for a spare that hardly ever gets used. I start it up every few months and it always starts first crank.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,098

Best Riding Lawn Mowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseySSP View Post
Hi everyone! I have had an old push-mower for ages, but I really want to buy a new riding mower. What is the best riding lawn moweravailable on the market today, in y'all's opinions?
This is one of those cases where the old phrase, "You get what you pay for," is very true.

I did commercial lawn-care for years. I can tell you, without a doubt, that better mowers are simply going to cost more money. There are a LOT of reasons why you can buy an MTD (for instance) riding mower for $699, while a commercial John Deere mower of the same size costs $3699.

My question to you is, what is your price range, and what are you looking for? Do you want a tractor-type mower? A zero-turn? A walk-behind? Shoot us that information, and maybe we can help you.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lawn care , lawn mower