Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,032

4000 series Deere auxiliary lights

Odds probably aren't the best, but you don't know if you don't ask. I have a 4000 series John Deere that I installed a set of OEM auxiliary light on, about 5-6 years ago I'd guess'; one forward and one rearward, on each side of the ROPS. They plug into the harness under the seat, and have worked perfectly, until yesterday. Probably 150-200 hours on it again this past year, mostly while the weather was at least mild, so here we are with a foot of snow on the gound, and something like 10 degrees, and yesterday morning, at 5 AM, one of the lights doesn't work. I'm sure it's just a bulb, but does anyone know how the enclosure comes apart? I have the original paperwork in my file, but it doesn't show how to remove the lens, and, at about 0 now, I'm not too crazy about prying on anything that I might later regret. I can give the dealer a call tomorrow, but thought that someone here might know. Thank you.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,032

4000 series Deere auxiliary lights

Scratch that. Chalk it up to scratchy, fogged up trifocals and a premature desire to get out of the cold. Found a screw on the side that let me into the housing, which holds a twist type halogen bulb, similar to modern automobile headlamps. Bulb looks fine, take it out, check the socket, no power, trace the wire back, and there it is; a disconnected connector under the seat. Wipe it off, press it back together, and we have daylight again! Darkness isn't as bad with an all white background, but a 7-1/2' blade is going to make a nice dent in anything that you can't see, so much better now! Now it's time to watch my beloved Lions fall gracefully into a solid second place in their division.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote