Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Wrong sealer for shower tile.

Hey folks, I tiled my shower walls with 12x18 Daltile MC90 Carrara glazed ceramic wall tile. Then I grouted with a sanded grout. And because I am DIYing this I asked the people at the tile shop for advice on products (mortar, grout, tools etc.).
So after the grout one of the guys tells me I have to seal the grout. I told him exactly what I was doing (a shower with glazed ceramic wall tile) and he advised me to buy Aqua Mix High Gloss Sealer and just follow the instructions.
Unfortunately for me the english instructions were on the sticker, and when I peeled it off, some of those instructions got ripped apart. The majority of print, and application instructions were readable, but some was messed up. Like the "Limitations" section, where it says "not recommended for use on smooth glazed ceramic or porcelain tile", and "not for use in pools or showers".

I have applied this sealer to my shower and this crap is stuck to my tiles (go figure!). I can get it off with some VIM and elbow grease.
But I want to know, do I have to seal it, and what would you guys recommend?

Thanks for any tips...

bcdemon is offline   Reply With Quote