Wood Paneling Over Stucco - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 37

Wood Paneling over stucco

The sliding door in our living room leads to a sun room that was added on in the back yard. Therefore, one of the interior walls is a stucco wall. we are thinking of covering this wall with aged/distressed wood paneling... maybe old wood from pallets or anything we can get our hands on.

What would be the best way to attach it to the stucco?

I was thinking of just using something like liquid nails or some other adhesive to stick it directly to the stucco... or maybe furring strips? If furring strips, what would be the best way to attach the strips to stucco?

any thoughts?

Thx

Advertisement

joshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486

what's behind the stucco ? then again, its always a boon to know where your ' WHERE ' ( not just the sun room ) is so responders can give the best advice

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 712

100% sure you really want to do it that way?
What's the texture on the walls like.
Got a picture of the room?
Just glue is not going to work, when building out the wall like your suggesting it would involve redoing all the trim, adding jamb extensions to all the door and windows.
Not my first choice but rustic paneling would be a whole lot less work.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
what's behind the stucco ? then again, its always a boon to know where your ' WHERE ' ( not just the sun room ) is so responders can give the best advice
not sure what is behind the stucco aside from the wood framing. do they usually lay plywood under stucco? btw, im in San Diego, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
100% sure you really want to do it that way?
What's the texture on the walls like.
Got a picture of the room?
Just glue is not going to work, when building out the wall like your suggesting it would involve redoing all the trim, adding jamb extensions to all the door and windows.
Not my first choice but rustic paneling would be a whole lot less work.
the texture is pretty rough. I was thinking liquid nails (or something similar) would work bc it wouldnt be a whole lot of paneling.

as for jamb exentions. i was thinking of using thinner pieces of wood to frame around the sliding door and window.

here are some pics

joshik is offline   Reply With Quote