DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Concrete, Stone & Masonry (
-   -   What sort of stone is this? (

smokey847 07-06-2012 01:25 AM

What sort of stone is this?
I would like to have something similar to this coming from the driveway to the backdoor. What would this be called and roughly how much would it cost--a distance of probably 20 feet. Also, I am open to alternatives. Thanks!

Bonzai 07-06-2012 01:47 AM

"How much does it cost" type inquiries are frowned upon here as there are generally too many variables to give any sort of worthwhile answer. I'm sure one of the moderators will post the usual link to explain this further.
Best bet would be to contact a local contractor to ask them to provide an estimate. Rather difficult to tell from the photo what type of paver they are.

oh'mike 07-06-2012 06:30 AM

If you have a local stone yard---make a visit---shipping is the big expense with stone--so a local quarried product offers the best value.

TRUEPRO 07-06-2012 06:40 PM

Ya its just an engineered quarry stone. They usually run between 6-10 dollars per foot. But thats where im located in VA. The prices can vary greatly in different regions.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.