Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #1

Share |

waterproof concrete floor to wall molding

Its leaking badly inside garage under wall into finished room.

Its mostly the garage door rubber seal that lets the water into the garage. I've ordered a new one, but I would also like to seal the wall-floor interface to offer insurance against it leaking into the other room again. I cleaned it out as much as possible, but its not super clean. Im attaching some pictures. Any ideas what I can pour into this area?

If I can find something that I can use while its still damp, that would be great. Its now rainy season.

Arrows where it leaks. X is where garage door contacts floor, where most water gets in.

tx,
pa
Attached Thumbnails
waterproof concrete floor to wall molding-leak-kay-1-.jpg   waterproof concrete floor to wall molding-leak-kay-2-.jpg   waterproof concrete floor to wall molding-leak-kay.jpg  

paulmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #2

waterproof concrete floor to wall molding

Unless you change the grade outside of that door, or add some form of grate with a drain there's is no way to "seal" that mess up.
That's been going on for a while, I'd bet if you cut out that sheetrock by now there's wet insulation and black mold in there.

Replacing the seal will do nothing.

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote