Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #1

Share |

Updated Request - Removing H&CŪ Concrete Water-Based Solid Color Stain

Since my original thread regarding how to best remove H&CŪ Concrete Water-Based Solid Color Stain from our driveway I am hoping to discover newer, less expensive and products and or services.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by sore thumb; 07-27-2013 at 09:53 AM.
sore thumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #2

to my knowledge, other than what you'd done/researched, there isn't any method that'll do what you want,,, in fairness, nothing works on other mfg's products, either unless you're willing to spend $$ & you're not according to your post.

in fairness, many h/o's & diy'ers are usually ignorant about proper mtls & their designed use,,, they too often rely on what sher-wms/apron/vest stores sell.

we became expert at repairing h&c's products after h/o's & diy'ers used the stuff but, w/o exception, it always included an overlay,,, obviously the work became much more expensive than originally budgeted,,, we did, however, satisfy many angered wives your dilemma is comparable to putting 5gal of wtr into a 4gal bucket,,, just no way it works !

curious - what was the ' very effective toxic product ' you used ? a better questions might br why even use it if its toxic ?

if you hear it from a guy in the apron store, be VERY suspicious the mtl/method will work,,, when it time to build something together, they won't answer phones NOR help

Last edited by itsreallyconc; 07-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.
itsreallyconc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to itsreallyconc For This Useful Post:
sore thumb (07-26-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #3

I erred when I wrote the stripper was toxic. Bought it from ACE, forgot its name.
sore thumb is offline   Reply With Quote