Tire Dressing As Permanent Concrete Sealer - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Tire dressing as permanent concrete sealer

I have invisible stains on the driveway where my tires are. The stains are water repellant, and have been there for years rain or shine.
The only explanation is the tire dressing the tire store puts on when I get my tires rotated. When I wash the car, the dressing must leech into the concrete below.

I imagine it can work as a cheap driveway sealer. dilute and spray. lasts long too. I can't get rid of the stain.

Advertisement

pman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,458

they're 'invisible' yet YOU can see them ? may be annoying but no real harm done to the d/w I expect conc sealer will be less expensive per sf + its made for sealing conc,,, it MAY also 'dress' tires but I couldn't recommend it NOR would it happen on our d/w when my bride, nagzilla, washes her truck & my car

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman6 View Post
I have invisible stains on the driveway where my tires are. The stains are water repellant, and have been there for years rain or shine.
The only explanation is the tire dressing the tire store puts on when I get my tires rotated. When I wash the car, the dressing must leech into the concrete below.

I imagine it can work as a cheap driveway sealer. dilute and spray. lasts long too. I can't get rid of the stain.

I would suspect it's a water repellent as opposed to a concrete sealer.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

I dunno.
it's invisible because I can't see it when dry.
But when I wet the driveway, those spots don't get wet at all. There's absolutely no water absorption. The water just beads on the surface.
pman6 is offline   Reply With Quote