Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #1

Share |

Thin Pavers over Kool-Deck?

Got a question for you ...

I have Kool-Deck installed around my in-ground pool and on the ajoining covered patio in my house in southern Florida. My house is 9 years old and I really don't like the looks of the Kool-Deck.

I am thinking that I might consider having those thin pavers installed over the existing Kool-Deck. The total area of the Kool-Deck is approx 845 sq ft. from what I have been able to figure.

I have seen regular pavers, and I believe they are about 3" thick while thin pavers are only about 1" thick, so I think the thin pavers would be perfect since they won't add alot of height to the existing cement deck.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here has had experience with thin pavers laid over a Kool-Deck or cement slab ... Also, what do you think the total cost might be for a job like mine (845 sq ft)?

Thank's,
Ron

Would like to have pavers something like this layed directly over the Kool-Deck ....

Flt_Simulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #2

Thin Pavers over Kool-Deck?

of course you can,,, might have to grind the existing to get a bondable surface for the tiles, tho,,, i'd think you'd be better served overlaying the existing rather than tile's expense but that's your decision,,, might have an elevation issue at your pool apron but that's not a big issue if you have the $$$

' Kool-Deck ' is a proprietary name that has come to be generic ( scotch tape & kleenex ) butNOT all generic kool-dek is polymer-modified mtl,,, impo, its wasteful $ as its not really cooler

if you hear it from a guy in the apron store, be VERY suspicious the mtl/method will work,,, when it time to build something together, they won't answer phones NOR help
itsreallyconc is offline   Reply With Quote