DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Thin Brick Patio?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  hakunatata 
#1 ·
I came across a load of brick the previous owner left behind. Only thing is these bricks are about half the thickness of a normal brick. I am thinking about making a very small patio space out in the yard with them. Just big enough to hold two chairs and a small table. If i do the prep right will it work with these bricks?

#7 ·
how did the walkway turn out?

I am in a similar situation. I have a bunch of thin brick pavers, I pulled some of them up and want to relocate to an area where I can make a nicer patio space to fit a couple lounges and small table. I picked up some decomposed granite and was going to level off my area and put some of it down as a base for my brick patio. Am I going in the right direction, should I not use decomposed granite?

You can see the bricks here on the right and the decomposed granite in the bucks.

As you can see I have never done this before and don't really know anything about it. thank you so much in advance for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.