Stucco Paint/texture Flaked Off? - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 294

Stucco paint/texture flaked off?

I'm not familiar with exterior wall designs. I notice that there are a few areas of my exterior wall where the paint flaked off. The flaked off paint is textured like stucco, drywall, and is thicker than normal paint that peels off. It didn't seem like the wall behind the paint was quite as textured as the paint. See photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tek5ryha306nrzf/DSC00816.JPG

Is what flaked off a (colored) stucco texture applied on top of the (concrete?) wall, and didn't bond well (at least over time, if not initially)? And is that 1 or 2 coats?

In its current state, how would you repair this, assuming I can find matching color. And is it ok to leave as is and not repair, and perhaps just brush on waterproofing sealant over the affected area? Probably be a pain to match color to repair a small area otherwise.

Advertisement

daluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 738

Stucco paint/texture flaked off?

Could be one of two things, someone tryed painting it with the wrong paint for concrete, or it's Dri-Lok applyed over an unpreped wall.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote