Stablizing A Cracking Rock - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Stablizing a cracking rock

Alright, I have a small deck that is currently on a rock outcropping on my property over water (lake). Anyway, long story short, is we've noticed the base at the waterline is cracking and chipping away (mainly due to some weekend warriors on their jet skis passing was too close and too fast to the shore, and mother nature of course).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a bonding agent to use on small cracks in the rock, and also any ideas to reinforce or strengthen the rock.

So far, we've been just placing rocks along the shallow parts of the shore, to try and lessen then effect of waves on the proper shore.

This might be a weird question, but I haven't found any answers browsing online.

thanks!

Advertisement

Radelaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 766

A picture of the situation would be helpful but based on what you provided I think what you are doing by placing rocks in front of the shoreline is probably the best thing you can do. It's going to be extremely difficult if even possible to apply something to the rocks to keep them from cracking further.

Advertisement

Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,492

You must have extremely soft rocks if waves from a jet ski are making them crumble. Usually it takes water and freezing temps to break rocks.
Post a picture.