Sidewalk And Miradry Install - Does This Seem Right? - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Sidewalk and Miradry install - does this seem right?

We are having a 22' sidewalk removed and repoured. We were quoted a price of $1300. After removing the sidewalk they are telling us we need to seal the foundation wall, wish I agree with, and that they want to use 24' of miradry. The are planning on going 3' down. The price for this part is $1200 bringing the total to $2500. I'm just not sure how much miradry and application should cost. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ben

Advertisement

Bcoleman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,458

not going to address costs but 3' sounds short to me - suggest coating the CLEAN fnd wall w/roofing cement then installing the miradrain hdpe fabric - that's our method however its not as extensive as our total method

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Thanks for the feedback. I asked them about how far down they are going and they said they are only going down to ground level. They said the foundation wall looks good, they just want to seal the concrete blocks on top of the wall. They could go down further, but that would mean a significant excavation and increase in cost.

The only reason I was asking about cost for the miradry membrane is I have nothing to compare it to. When we got the estimates for the sidewalk no one mentioned sealing the exposed wall and I can't find a cost for the stuff online, just looking for a ballpark for comparsion sake. I'm not worried about a few hundred dollars, but if the job should cost approx. $500 i would like to know.

Thanks for the help, this board has saved me a ton of time and money.

Ben
Bcoleman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,458

think we pay about $120 for a 50' x 4' roll,,, used to pay less but back then we bought 10rolls at a time,,, most bldg restoration supply houses will have it in stock - sonneborn, meadows, miradrain, enkadrain are some other sources.

we doing 1 tomorrow - full perimeter ( 75 x 40 ) of house w/fnd approx 3' down to the footer - $ 7 K ( $10 lf ) incl toe drain, miradrain, cement coating, sump, & 1/3hp pump
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote