Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sidewalk Concrete Forms next to house

I want to pour concrete for my sidewalk on the side of my house which has a slope and need to have about 10 to 12 stairs. The sidewalk has to be right next to the concrete foundation of the house. I can build three side of forms ok. But how can I build the forms one the foundation of house side without leaving a gap and leaving a lumber there? How can I build concrete forms strong enough for holding concrete on the side of house foundation?
Thank you.

jimsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,022

[quote=jimsi;927915]I want to pour concrete for my sidewalk on the side of my house which has a slope and need to have about 10 to 12 stairs. The sidewalk has to be right next to the concrete foundation of the house. I can build three side of forms ok. But how can I build the forms one the foundation of house side without leaving a gap and leaving a lumber there? How can I build concrete forms strong enough for holding concrete on the side of house foundation?

You don't form the side next to the house,in other words the foundation is your form for that side,and you just form 3 sides.

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Also, you dont really need the forms to be THAT strong when pouring 3 1/2" sidewalk. As long as the form has a little backfill behind it, maybe 1 stake you will be fine. GL
TRUEPRO is offline   Reply With Quote