Seal Tile Shower - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

seal tile shower

I have a floor to ceiling shower and i need to seal the grout and tile i would like it to be shiner what do i use

Advertisement

Regina 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,210

seal tile shower

Sealer only goes on the grout,not the tile/

If you seal the tile,you will hate the result---the sealer will come off in patches and look awful.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

seal tile shower

After reading your note, I searched Google for what you are looking for. This might be helpful to you: http://www.ceramictilepro.com/Tile-&-Grout-Sealer.php - you don't mention if the tile you have is glazed or not. but in any regard, the link I furnished says it's okay to seal the tile too, although it doesn't need to be sealed. Many years ago, I helped my dad, he was a Ceramic Tile Setter. I do recall working with a sealer that we covered even the glazed tile surfaces along with the grout and had very good results. That was way back in the late 1940's and early 1950's - a long, long time ago.
Too old is offline   Reply With Quote