Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #1

Share |

seal joint between porch to house

I am in the planning stages, I have a small front porch with a basement area under it. the current concrete slab has a crack and leaks. I plan to remove the current slab and pour a new slab. I want to make sure I dont have future leaks. I was looking to see if there has been any experience with any mechanical seals embedded into the concrete? One unknown is that there is a steel plate visible from the basement, I cant be sure if it is a L or I beam. with the concrete step on top of it.

These products look interesting. though I don't know if they are availible in a short enough length to make it cost effective.
JP336L is the one I am looking at.
http://www.jpspecialties.com/tpesweets.pdf

Two pictures of the porch stoop.
Outside_View

Inside_View

Thanks,
Mike
mike015pgh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, joint, porch, seal