Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

Share |

Sani-Tred

Has anyone used Sani-Tred for sealing their basement from moisture? I would like to know if this is a viable alternative to paying a fortune to a basement waterproofing company.

Cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #2

Sani-Tred

Anyone?

Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
MarginallyQualified

Sani-Tred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
Has anyone used Sani-Tred for sealing their basement from moisture? I would like to know if this is a viable alternative to paying a fortune to a basement waterproofing company.
I have no idea what sani tred is and you don't describe it in the least.

As to basements that get water... the remedies that work are few:
1) good foundation grading does wonders
2) have a mechanical way for any rising groundwater to escape

hth
TarheelTerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #4

Sani-Tred

Look for them on the Better Business Bureau (they're on there). Their complaint history might be of interest to you.

Last edited by cortell; 05-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.
cortell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #5

Sani-Tred

Sorry, here is the site http://www.sanitred.com/

From the site:
Introducing the worlds’ ONE AND ONLY, unique, versatile, and problem solving line of liquid rubber coating systems! Compare our products’ tensile strength with other products in the world. On average Sani-Tred products are over 4 times stronger than other ‘seemingly similar’ products coupled with many more unique qualities and abilities others don't have which make Sani-Tred products superior to the rest.
Sani-Tred’s Unique Qualities
  • Flexible Penetration Technology
  • Permanent Elongation™
  • Elongation Memory Technology
These unique qualities enable Sani-Tred products to be a permanent solution for many types of applications such as: Basement Waterproofing System, Problem Radon Elimination, Fiberglass and Concrete Swimming Pool Repair, Basement Flooring, Flat and Metal Roof Coating, Pond and Fountain Coating and many more applications.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #6

Sani-Tred

Cortell, I just went to the BBB site and could only find mention of four complaints. That does not seem too bad. I did a Google search on them and found that in other DIY forums some people have had good success with it. I called the company and they said the main factor is surface preparation. They suggested sandblasting the paint of the cement and then applying the product.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #7

Sani-Tred

I'm going to use Sani-Tred to take care of leaks along my wall-floor joint. A friend of mine gave some Lightning Strip to strip the Drylok from the concrete block and the slab.

Most of the feedback I've heard, both from contractors who use the product regularly and from DIY users, is very positive. I ordered the product yesterday, and I'll probably start the job next week. Hopefully I'll get around to posting a couple of pictures. Either way, I'll let you know how things work out. I have light surface water maybe eight times a year, coinciding with heavy rain storms, so I'll definitely find out if it works.

benjamincall is offline   Reply With Quote