Restoring Enamel Coating In Brick Floor - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

restoring enamel coating in brick floor

Hello. I have recently adopted a brick floor. Unfortunately the surface enamel coating is peeling in some areas (according to a flooring contractor that looked at it). I have two questions.
1. I want to confirm that this is in fact the issue.
2. How do I remedy this issue? I have not found much on the enamel (which according to the contractor is baked into the brick during production) issue online.

Unfortunately I either do not know how to post a picture of the issue or the option is not available but the "enamel" looks like flakes hard flakes on the brick. Some of the bricks do not have any of these flakes at all while others do. I would have called in a professional but unfortunately i live in a very small town and the closest to a mansonry professional is the tiling contractor who told me about it being the baked in enamel peeling. He also said it is a difficult to impossible fix.

Hoping someone has suggestions.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisement

martingom is offline   Reply With Quote