Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
jfc

Rewards Points: 10

Replace basement window

My home has a poured concrete foundation. One of the windows in the foundation needs to be replaced because it leaks. What I'd like to do is get rid of this window and concrete over the opening. The problem is that this window is under an existing screened in room so I can only get to the window from inside. I did have someone come in who wanted to take the deck apart to get to this window but I wasn't willing to go to that extreme. At best, I'm a novice at home improvements. Is this something I can attempt myself or can a "How To" book help me through this project.
Thanks for any assistance
JFC

jfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Replace basement window

Welcome to the forums! I'll move you to "Concrete" for better response...

Gary

Old 08-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,104

Replace basement window

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc View Post
My home has a poured concrete foundation. One of the windows in the foundation needs to be replaced because it leaks. What I'd like to do is get rid of this window and concrete over the opening. The problem is that this window is under an existing screened in room so I can only get to the window from inside. I did have someone come in who wanted to take the deck apart to get to this window but I wasn't willing to go to that extreme. At best, I'm a novice at home improvements. Is this something I can attempt myself or can a "How To" book help me through this project.
Thanks for any assistance
JFC

A picture is worth a thousand words!!
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,550

Replace basement window

what does it "leak" ? if its water, and its under a room, you better fix that first.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote