Repair Stucco On Block Wall... - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Repair stucco on block wall...

Hi there,

I've got some areas on the block wall around my yard where the stucco has come off and left the blocks exposed. Most of it has come off because of sprinkler overspray from the previous owner. I removed all the grass and put in desert landscaping so it shouldn't be a problem anymore....

So, the finish is a lace or drag (some people call it arizona finish). I have a basic idea how to do that. I just need some pointers on material and coats. The current finish is not super thick so I'm wondering if I can just do a finish coat and then the texture. If not I guess I could do a scratch and then finish/texture. Either way, can you recommend what type of material I should get, what admixtures (if any)? Also, should I add colorant into said mix or just paint to match? Do I need to use a bonding agent if the wall is in reasonably good shape?

Thanks for any advice you could give....

Chris

Advertisement

stupid48 is offline   Reply With Quote