Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Share |

Re-surfacing concrete walls in smokehouse

Hello,

I am working on re-doing an old concrete building and turning it into a smokehouse. I suspect the building could be 75+ years old so the concrete is in pretty rough shape. What I am trying to decide is whether to plaster over the interior walls, or if there is some type of heavy-duty paint/sealant that I could paint over the walls and avoid having to plaster them. I have never plastered anything, but if the process isn't too involved I think it would look nice to have the walls plastered. Is there a good resource to guide me through the process? Also, can someone recommend a good caulk-type sealant that I can shoot into any cracks?

Gracias!
Travis

tdimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #2

Re-surfacing concrete walls in smokehouse

i wouldn't do anything w/o 1st press wshing the walls- 4gpm, 3,500psi, & turbo nozzle - we'd use polymer-modified cement but that's our work,,, perhaps a drywall guy can suggest a cheaper short-term solution

1st determine IF cracks're moving/static which will suggest proper repair mtl

de nada

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote