Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #1

Share |

question on correct install of Belgium block

Hey all,
I hope this question is in the right place...I'm planning on running a row of Belgium block across my lawn. It's going to delineate one edge of my (future) front walk, which will be large irregular shaped stone embedded in my lawn.
While doing this, I need to raise my "finished grade" of lawn/walkway several inches to accommodate the height of some new front steps. Essentially, the bottoms of the Belgium block need to be located near or at the current finished grade of lawn. The question is, to do this correctly, do I need to excavate some topsoil from the area and raise the grade with a bed of sand or stone????
I'm planning on laying the block in a bed of cement, then grouting it, etc...to match an existing row of block in my driveway. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sam

Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote