Poured Concrete Porches - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Poured concrete porches

I have recently built a "Reward Wall" ICF (insulated concrete form) home. My contractor opted to pour concrete porches using ICF forms. I do not know if the engineering was defective or the workmanship and materials were not acceptable. The end result is I have leaks through the walls of my home. The proches (6), 3 in the front and 3 in the back of the house are stamped. Is there a clear finish I can apply that will water proof the concrete? It appears the concrete is absorbing water and it is coming into the home. This is a stucco home exterior finish. The contractor has been working on this issue for over a year with unacceptable results.

Advertisement

Walter Bostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 616

Poured concrete porches

Got some pictures?
Did they pore these slabs even with the door openings?

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 624

Poured concrete porches

The Rewards system has a ceiling system as well. Is this what the porch floors are made of?

I'm assuming that this has been leaking for some time and is not just a result of our recent cold snap and some condensation.

The floor needs to be pre-sloped and waterproofed. Then naturally the concrete on top gets sloped as well.

If you need to waterproof now, you will have to choose something.

There are probably many options in coatings. I would consider waterproofing the concrete with something like Hydro-ban, then tiling the surface.

I guess if the floor is not sloped, this will have to be addressed first.
cleveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,462

Poured concrete porches

since we haven't heard further from walter, can we assume he's resolved the problem, has no camera, isn't interested is a solution, or died/been captured by somnali pirates ?

i don't know of a ' waterproofing ' solution that solve this problem but, it we knew more information, we might - too bad !
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote