Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #1

Share |

Please advise on leaking basement wall

Hello I noticed mold growing all over one side of my basement , then i lifted up one of the wood floor tiles and saw there was a lot of water. I thought it might be a plumbing issue so I cut open where the bathroom drain is in the wall to look and I see that when it rains water is just pouring through this wall.

I made a video which you can see clearly what is going on better then me explaining , if you could take a look that would be great

if you watch further you can see the stain? or crack? goes up as far as i can see

What would you recommend?

Thank you

Last edited by carlx; 04-29-2013 at 08:49 AM.
carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #2

Please advise on leaking basement wall

there's tons of threads re wet bsmts w/solutions ranging from sub-floor perimeter drainage systems ( poss incl sump & pump ) to ext excavation ( poss incl sump & pump, too ),,, not difficult finding applicable solutions,,, looks as if your bsmt wall is concrete so the structural integrity is probably still sound.

ps - NONE of the solutions incl painting/applying a ' drylock ' type cememtitious mtl OR any other ' silver bullet ' onto the interior wall surfaces regrading the exterior & redirecting downspout discharge won't fix it, either, altho that's always recommended.

( your location is ALWAYS helpful for pertinent responses ! )

Last edited by stadry; 04-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote