Options To Floor Leveling Compound For Concrete Repair. - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 43

Options to floor leveling compound for concrete repair.

Our 11x15 workshop floor has several cracks but the worst runs along the long axis down the center of the room. One half of the floor is level but the other is almost 2" lower by the time it reaches the wall. I had a similar situation in a basement room and after pouring over $300 of leveling compound, I was barely half way so I gave up and put carpet over it. Annoys me that it's not level. For this project I'm wondering if I can use cheaper concrete to do most of the leveling, then perhaps FLC to finish the top. What kind of concrete would I look for. Still need to apply the concrete primer (milky stuff)? Is this the 'cold pour' that folks warn about?

Just calculated that I would need at least 20 bags of LevelQuik to repair this floor ($900). That ain't going to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Options to floor leveling compound for concrete repair.-concrete-crack.jpg  

Advertisement

Last edited by akimbo; 07-27-2013 at 12:25 AM.
akimbo is offline   Reply With Quote