Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

old Basement walls

homeowner questions
I do not have pictures yet, but I will attach.

Situation is this. I have a old house, front of the house is the old style "rock/morter" foundation.

The morter is turning into dirt. Iv done little patches here and there but with the increase of water seaping in is not helping.
1) The front of the house has a cement porch on my side (two family house), My porch has what I think is normaly called a coal room? I have not opened it up yet due to the fact I am unsure what I am going to do once I do open it up. (I have a basement entrance way in basement that is sealed of sorts) Has anyone done any work with Coal rooms?

2) The walls at some point were "painted" with a waterproofing type sealent and the paint is coming off now in places where the morter is failing. Suggestions?

MY thought of the coal room is this. Open it up when I have plastic, rock and cement. Put them down and maybe put some sort of drain in it and put the drain into the basement sewer system. so its just not dirt. Unless just rocks would help out? Im open to suggestions

jstar571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,386

old Basement walls

wish i knew what you were asking but IF the wtr isn't stopped, nothing inside will alleviate the problem

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement wall leak water, coal rooms, flooding, morter