DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

new block wall, mortar missing from a few places?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jomama45 
#1 · (Edited)
new block wall, mortar missing from a few places? /// PICS ADDED ///

Wall is up but there are a few places at the first run at the walkway level were there seems to be mortar missing between the blocks. I called the contractor he said that's for drainage??? Any harm with filling them? I have the left over bag of spec mix mortar, sitting the the garage. Could I mix up a small amount and push it into these areas?

thanks!

#4 ·
okay I took some pics today. There are some places on the decline of my driveway where there is no way the water will get backed up as it will flow down the drive way can I fill those areas or should I just leave them?

On a side note, what's the best way to attach my gate to the new wall? You can see the old gate that attaches to the house the other half used to attach to a redwood fence. The cells of the wall are fully grouted, I was thinking attaching a 4x4 to the inside edge of the wall so I can put up a new gate? It will be the same height as the block wall.

As for anchors, I think the simpson epoxy mesh anchors would be best? I was thinking of embedding a couple 1/2" threaded bolts in the wall so I could have the nut on the outside in case I needed to replace the 4x4?? Any other ideas??

thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.