Need Ideas For Concrete Front Porch - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Need Ideas for Concrete Front Porch

Someone did a sloppy paint job sometime in this home's history, probably over 20 years ago. Looks like paint is on the front facing of the concrete porch, maybe they rolled the foundation & got it on the porch? I haven't had much luck removing with goof off, tested that and it didn't help much. From reading older posts, there is a graffiti remover out there but I'm not sure how much that will help at this point.

If I can't remove the paint, I can just leave it as is, or cover with something. I guess I'm looking for ideas for covering at this point. Not really a fan of painting it, maybe tiling it with something, or maybe decking over it? Would painting just the front facing look dorky? The siding will soon be the same dark blue/gray color as the foundation.

Advertisement

Pianolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 686

I'd use a real paint striper.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
I'd use a real paint striper.
Yeah. I just painted the foundation, so I didn't want to have to do it over. Know I'd mess that up stripping the paint off above. Might just do it anyway. I've considered tiling the entire front porch anyway to look nicer, would it hold up outside with all the weather changes?
Pianolady is offline   Reply With Quote