Need Help Fast!! Stained My Buddy's Patio - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Need Help fast!! Stained my Buddy's Patio

Man.....

We had a fire going at my friend's place in one of those portable pits. I grabbed a little gasoline and threw it on the fire....half of it made it on the fire and the other have spilled on his nice patio...

The stones are your average grey square and rectangle pattern and he said there's a black spot he can't get out on the stone. There's got to be something that I can remove it with...

I feel really bad and I'll go buy whatever I need.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

sannitig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,472

you can probably use a small pinch bar/crow bar,,, just in case, put a 1 x 4 under the bar's tilt point as a fulcrum so you don't f' up the stone next to the damaged 1

( gasoline + beer ) x luckily-no-1-was-hurt = average grey square stone x $$$ [ this is an algebraic equation so perhaps not easily understood by some ]

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 680

I'd try an Orange cleaner or something like Simple Green and a stiff brush first before tearing anything out.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 526

There is a product (not sure name) that the actual paver/stone companies sell that is white and goes on wet and you leave for a day until it hardens and then you scrape off. Not the big box stores. I spilled vegetable oil while BBQ ing on my pavers and it was stained and this product helped.

B
Beepster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,472

diotomaceous earth always work'd well as a poultice when mix'd w/vm&p naptha,,, back i the day we got it @ drug store but understand swimming pool co's use it, too
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by sannitig View Post
Man.....

We had a fire going at my friend's place in one of those portable pits. I grabbed a little gasoline and threw it on the fire....half of it made it on the fire and the other have spilled on his nice patio...
No doubt alcohol was involved?

Do what the guys above suggested. In reality, it may just take time for the stain to go completely away.

Next time, when alcohol is involved....leave the gas in the garage.

Sort of reminds me of a test NTSB did a few years ago.

They installed voice recorders in a sampling of cars through out the US. It recorded the last 30 seconds of the conversation in a car prior to an accident.

In the 49 US states, the most common thing heard was "Oh sh!t".

But in Texas it was "Hey y'all, hold my beer while I show you this".

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post: