Masonry For A Hobby? - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Masonry for a hobby?

So recently I've become very interested in masonry. I have read that some do it for a hobby, so my question is, how does one do it for a hobby? I mean like where do they go about building things? If you build on your property, I am sure you would run out of room, right? And obviously you can't just go building things out of brick and/or stone everywhere. How does that work?

I am in particular interested in brick masonry and old-fashioned stone masonry.

Advertisement

PK145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,458

Masonry for a hobby?

' masonry ' is the world's oldest fraternity & its members are ' speculative masons ',,, ' masonary ' refers to operative masons & the work they do w/brick & stone

just thought you'd like to know hobby i have no idea

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stadry For This Useful Post:
PK145 (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Masonry for a hobby?

I see. I think it can be spelled either way though, as I've seen a lot of articles use the spelling "masonry." Good to know though. Over at another forum, someone said that when practicing mason(a)ry, you have to take down the things you build for practice with a sledgehammer.
PK145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 580

Masonry for a hobby?

If you are interested in the practice of masonry (that is the correct spelling), you can build using lime mortar. Then you can easily tear it down and reuse the brick or stone.