Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #1

Share |

low spot on concrete patio

I have a portion of patio that is probably 10 years old. Good condition, no cracks or flaking anywhere-good and solid, probably between 5-6 inches thick. Problem is-- there is a low spot right in the middle-it has been there ever since it was poured (long story). At most, it may be 1/8 to 1/4 low in this spot, and about 4-5 feet across. Not bad, just bad enough to hold water and stay dirty unless i rinse it off and dry it every time it rains. (and it kinda makes for some fancy footwork when the rain freezes in the winter). I had thought of doing some work before winter to kinda dress up the place and was wondering what is available to fix this condition without breaking up the entire slab and pouring a new one? I'm open to any and all suggestions such as pavers, tile, or whatever but i need to get rid of the low spot before i put anything on top and have the same condition again on top of whatever i end up doing.
any suggestions?
thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lightfoot; 07-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #2

low spot on concrete patio

Saw cut right thru the area to relieve water. Kinda like adding a control joint.

TRUEPRO is offline   Reply With Quote