Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Loose Brick

While I was up on the ladder the other day, I noticed cracked mortar around one of my bricks. The brick in question is on the top course, and furthest to the left where it doesn't meet another brick since cedar shake shingle is accented on the gable it butts up against. The brick looks like it is tucked under the fascia board, but I can actually wiggle it like you would a semi-loose tooth. I suspect it started out as the weakest link in the bunch considering the fact that it only has mortar on two sides and its layed vertically. What can I do about it? I don't even know how the brick could be pulled out since it looks like an inch of it is tucked under the fascia. And then if the mortar is ground out and repaired, I doubt the new mortar will match the existing color and this is on the front of the house near eye level. The picture I attached is old and while the house was under construction because my camera is on the fritz today. I doubt the brick was loose back then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Loose Brick-loose_brick.jpg  

segal is offline   Reply With Quote