Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How to finish my paver project???

Hello all,

So, I have completed a lot of the work required to build my 500Sqft paver patio. However, I had to use a retaining wall around it because the slope of the area was more than the slope for the patio. I used Basalite classic retaining wall block and had the bright idea of using the lip on the block to hold in all the perimeter pavers. I also used crusher fines, aka breeze, for the entire base and am thinking about using it all the way up to the pavers and not using sand.

I am not real happy of how this is all shaping up. I did a "paver test bed" with the landing on the patio (see pic). I found that the pavers that are not resting over the retaining wall block are sinking in more than the ones resting directly on the block. The sand for the cracks is spilling out of the perimeter and it is impossible to adjust the pavers resting on the block since there is no wiggle room.

My questions are:

How should I proceed?????

Should I use a sand layer?

If so, should I extend it over the retaining wall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, here is a link to a quick video of it...

http://youtu.be/7tbXSQp1-Qo

Thanks,

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
How to finish my paver project???-img_0998.jpg   How to finish my paver project???-img_0999.jpg   How to finish my paver project???-img_1001.jpg  

Last edited by kyle79; 06-03-2012 at 05:24 PM.
kyle79 is offline   Reply With Quote