Help With Replicating This Ledge - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with replicating this ledge

Hello everyone, this might be a little bit outside the bounds of this forum but it seems like a place with knowledgeable folks who might be able to help me out. I am looking to replicate this ledge:

It looks to me they built a mold for the bottom, filled with rock and fill and poured into that then capped it with a rounded mold on top (with holes in the top) and poured into that and let them all set together. This is being constructed to skateboard on, grind and slide on, so I'm guessing a higher strength/PSI 4500-5500 maybe?

Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on the construction of a ledge like this and the easiest way to do it.
THANK YOU!

It just occurred to me that these could be prefab 4ft sections linked together. If these blocks are common and I could purchase them from somewhere let me know what they are commonly refereed to so I can track some down. I'm in the SF Bay Area so I am sure there is something around here.

Thanks again!

Advertisement

mattofallmatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,164

No it's not done the way your thinking just the opposite,try and picture a piece of 4 inch diameter pipe cut in half length wise,placed on the bottom and two by fours on the sides,then filled with concrete,and the ends capped.

Advertisement

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
No it's not done the way your thinking just the opposite,try and picture a piece of 4 inch diameter pipe cut in half length wise,placed on the bottom and two by fours on the sides,then filled with concrete,and the ends capped.
Yes! It dawned on me on the way to pick up materials and I actually got in contact with the person who built the original. I have all my materials now and I will post the process and result.

Thank you!
mattofallmatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,466

woody's a skateboarder ? ? ? who wouldda thought that ?
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,164

A man of many talents would be a better description.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote