Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #1

Share |

Help needed with concrete repair!!! Thanks!!!

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to check this out! I'm having some trouble trying to figure out the best process for making this patio look decent. I would like to use the quikrete resurfacer but the majority of the pitting on this slab is well over what the resurfacer thickness should be. Since the majority of the slab surface is messed up I think its beyond a basic concrete patch. Most stores around here carry only quikcrete products. Anyone have any ideas of what I can use(that bonds really well to old concrete) to fill these pits before I use the resurfacer? Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed with concrete repair!!! Thanks!!!-patio1.jpg   Help needed with concrete repair!!! Thanks!!!-patio2.jpg   Help needed with concrete repair!!! Thanks!!!-patio3.jpg  
kcowger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Break it up and start over. How thick is that slab?

I do not mean to sound harsh but you cannot fix the surface of that which was so badly thought in the first place. That concrete has to flake on you at this point.

Sorry, but do not shoot the messenger.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Learning Things Every Day

How about some of those recycled rubber floor tiles?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #4

And figure out want's causing it to fail.
What are all those drain lines doing that look like there dumping right on the slab?
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #5

The downspout is from the roof of a small porch. Some genius thought it was a great idea to put it there! I guess I should explain the situation as well. My daughters bday is coming up soon I'm really just looking for a way to make it look ok. Within 3 years max the whole back is getting a deck and that slab will be torn out as well as that awful porch so we can properly grade it. There is no moisture issues but I feel much much better about tearing the whole thing out. Anyways there is a spot next to the stairs that is getting repoured as it has completely broken of. I was just trying to see if anyone knew what I could use to fill the deep spalling before I put that resurfacer down
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #6

And that downspout is getting moved to the other side!

Tags
concrete, concrete repair, concrete resurfacer