Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #1

Share |

Garage floor resurfacing

I currently have the garage floor in the picture. Anyone have any ideas for resurfacing? I don't think the epoxy options at Home Depot or Lowes will work. Thanks.Sorry about the photo, the attachment limits on this site are pretty bad.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp photo.bmp (91.8 KB, 141 views)
klaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #2

Garage floor resurfacing

That is a pretty poor pic, but what I see does not look good. What are your plans for the garage, or is it just a garage?? Epoxy paints do a good job........if the surface is properly prepared. But big box products are often far from good cures. That often involves muriatic acid and other nasty things that a novice should stear clear of. Have a coating expert have look and make recommendations.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #3

Garage floor resurfacing

I would suggest acid etching the floor. YOu need to clean the floor very well and then do exactly as described in this video. Looks awesome, I did this to my garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE573...eature=related
jace781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
JOATMON

Garage floor resurfacing

That is a common question over on another web site I'm on....it's dedicated to just garages.....

Go here...
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=20

I found it looking up info on floor epoxy's....after reading a few threads....I'm waiting until I'm all done with ALL of my construction.

But I HIGHLY suggest doing a search first....chances are that your question has been answered many times over there....

One other thing....DO NOT browse the Garage Gallery.....it will only make you feel bad and spend more money on your garage.....trust me....I know this....AMHIK

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concrete, garage floor, resurface