Gap Between Driveway And Garage Floor - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Gap between driveway and garage floor

Hi guys!

Gap between driveway and garage floor-2012-05-21-19.14.21.jpg

Gap between driveway and garage floor-2012-05-21-19.14.39.jpg

I need advice of fixing gap between driveway and garage floor. Its about 3/4-7/8" wide. Whats the proper way to fix it, closed cell backer rod or cement? The previous owner made concrete ramp, which fall apart, see pictures.
Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Is your driveway sinking that caused that? If it were me I would cut and chip out 2-3 feet of the driveway up to the garage floor and then pour new cement at a gentle angle. Trying to make a cement ramp with patching it will never hold.

Advertisement

pwgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pwgsx For This Useful Post:
Mikhail (05-23-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwgsx View Post
Is your driveway sinking that caused that? If it were me I would cut and chip out 2-3 feet of the driveway up to the garage floor and then pour new cement at a gentle angle. Trying to make a cement ramp with patching it will never hold.
We live in this house for little more than two years. I dont know what level driveway was 10 or 20 years ago. House was build in 1987, driveway is still original. Any other options how to fix it?
Thanks.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 524

There are companies out there that can jack that up by pumping grout under the slab. I don't know the cost to do something like this but, a check in the yellow pages should show a company in your are that can do this.

This is a common problem on newer homes as the fill around the foundation does not get enough time to settle before the driveway is poured
danpik is offline   Reply With Quote